Located right across the Bourke Street/Russell Street tram stop, FOMO Thai was a highly accessible and popular Thai restaurant in town. It offered a wide range of choices for both food and beverages, including vegetarian and gluten-free options, and the clean and relatively modern interior provided a comfortable and uncluttered environment. Food here generally didn’t disappoint, and they were served quickly as well. However, differentiating its lunch and dinner menus meant that there were some items that were available only in the day, or at night.
– General Review –
Overall Rating: 8.5/10
- Dishes were served quickly.
- Great taste and quality.
- Friendly staff.
- Spacious, lots of seats, with simple yet modern decoration, and suitable for all ages.
- Opens everyday.
- Only served lunch menu during lunch hours and vice versa (that meant no Crying Tiger for lunch.) Perhaps check out the menus on their website before deciding to go to FOMO Thai for lunch or dinner, in case certain dishes are only available at certain times.
- Food tended to be on the sweet side.
– Food Experience –
[X] Recommended dishes are represented by a checked box (based on personal preferences).
1) Crispy Soft Shell Crab served w/ Papaya Salad: [X]
Fresh, crispy, sour, and sweet – all in one package.
2) Sampling Plate: [ ]
Disappointed with the portion and taste was mediocre, except for the beef (which was really good).
3) Pad Thai: [ ]
A decent pad thai – slightly on the sweeter side – and I definitely have had better, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.
4) Crying Tiger: [X]
Tender, well-cooked, spicy. Loved it! Also, I’m not sure about now, but this item was only available in the dinner menu when I last came here.
5) Gai Yang Ha Dao (Half/Small): [X]
Definitely recommended for fellow chicken meat lovers out there. Juicy, savory, and simply amazing.
6) Moo Ping: [X]
Fantastic marinade, and the meat was again, extremely juicy and tender.
7) Som Tum Thai: [X]
A little spicy yet refreshing and appetizing, and perfect to share within a small group.
Contact number: +61 3 9650 7987
Website: FOMO Thai
Operating hours: Mon – Thur: 11am-3pm; 5-9pm
Fri: 11am-3pm; 5pm-late
Sat & Sun: 5-10pm
Posted by: V