Indonesia is made up of countless islands with many range of different types of cultures and of course, food. Sundanese food is one that is quite common here in Bandung. Raja Rasa is one of many people’s favourite places to go to for good Sundanese food.
– General Review –
- Service: 7/10
Staff were polite and quite welcoming. We didn’t wait very long for the food to be served as well.
- Ambiance: 8/10
I love the interior and decor of the restaurant! Very Sundanese and nature-y. The restaurant is huge with two storeys, and has a lot of natural light and breeze coming through from the windows. When we went, it wasn’t too crowded so it was quiet and peaceful as well. There was an area on the second floor where you can sit on a cushion on the floor to experience a more Sundanese way of eating.
- Non-smoking area: Yes
- Vegetarian dishes: There were several dishes available but not a long list of them.
- Price range: Rp. 15.000 – 200.000
Overall Rating: 7.5/10
– Food Experience –
1) Tahu Berbumbu (Fried Tofu): Usually when it comes to beancurd (tofu), most people think of ‘bland’. However, tofu is indispensable from Sundanese cooking. The Tahu Berbumbu (literally translates to seasoned tofu) is worth a try. It’s quite addictive too.
2) Cumi Telor Bakar (Grilled squid): The dish was overall a bit too sweet for me because of the sauce. But the squid was well cooked and wasn’t tough.
3) Ayam Bakar (Grilled Chicken): Very tender meat but again, it was a bit too sweet for me. For those who love spicy food, don’t miss out on eating it with the sambal (chilli sauce).
4) Ayam Goreng Wangi (Fried Chicken): This was the unhealthier choice out of the two (Grilled and Fried) but of course, I preferred this one because it was more savory than sweet. Meat was very tender as well. (I went crazy with the sambal too). Yummy yummy…
5) Udang Windu Bakar Jimbaran (Grilled Prawns): I love love love prawns and so this dish had been subjectively reviewed. However, what I thought was flawed with this one was the fact that it wasn’t perfectly cooked. The meat was stuck to the shell and again, the sauce that went with it was a bit too sweet.
6) Kangkung Hot Plate Sapi (Water Spinach Hot Plate with Beef): It was an average dish. The vegetables were soft and again (hopefully for the last time) it was a bit too much on the sweet side.
Contact number: +62 22 200 5070
Website: Raja Rasa
Posted by: W